In family counselling we work together, counsellor and family to build positive and meaningful connection. It enables family members, and others who care about each other to express and explore difficult thoughts and emotions safely. We aim to help family members to understand each other’s experiences and views, appreciate each other’s needs. We work to build on strengths and make useful changes in their relationships and their lives. We want to create an opportunity to reflect on important relationships and find ways forward through pain and difficulty.
Family counselling is especially useful for children, young people and adults experiencing a very wide range of difficulties and experiences. We can build bridges across the generations so that each can feel safe and lead ever more fulfilling lives.
We will work with you and your kith and kin.
- Family problems? We will work with your whole family, or just you.
- Stepfamily, or blended family? We can help manage transition.
- Feeling that there is parental alienation? We can help overcome estrangement.
- Working out shared parenting? We can help you workout what is important.
- Fostering or adoption? We can help you create new bonds.
- Misbehaving children, adolescents? We will help you discover what they are protesting about and find fair and positive solutions.
Your family is important to you, and to us.